- Member States
- Affiliate Members
- Destination Management & Quality Programme
- Education and Training
- Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Information Resources & Archives
- Institutional and Corporate Relations
- Knowledge Network
- Market Trends
- Risk and Crisis Management
- Governing Bodies
- Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Silk Road
- Technical Cooperation
World Tourism Day Photo Competition
The Photo Competition has finalized. The winners will be announced shortly!
UNWTO is happy to announce the 2013 World Tourism Day Photo Competition under the theme “Tourism and Water: Protecting our Common Future”. Participate now and win a digital camera!
What kind of photos are we looking for?
World Tourism Day 2013 wants to shine a spotlight on the great importance of water to the tourism sector, and tourism’s role in achieving a more sustainable water future.
We are looking for pictures that capture one or several of the following aspects:
- How the tourism sector is implementing new ideas to decrease water consumption and pollution in its operations
- How tourism is improving access to clean freshwater and/or strengthening water management in local communities
- How you, as a tourist, are taking concrete actions towards a more sustainable water future
- How tourism is working to help the preservation of water destinations (coastal areas, lakes, rivers, etc)
- The great diversity of water destinations around the world and their importance for tourism