- Member States
- Affiliate Members
- Destination Management & Quality Programme
- Education and Training
- Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Information Resources & Archives
- Institutional and Corporate Relations
- Knowledge Network
- Market Trends
- Resilience of Tourism Development
- Governing Bodies
- Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Silk Road
- Technical Cooperation
World Tourism Day Photo Competition 2011
UNWTO is happy to announce the 2011 World Tourism Day online photo competition under the theme Tourism – Linking Cultures.
What kind of photos are we looking for?
World Tourism Day 2011 is a celebration of how tourism can link together the cultures of the world through engagement, dialogue and understanding.
We are looking for photos which capture how tourism brings people together from different cultures and ways of life around the world. We'd like to see photos that reflect the role of tourism in strengthening ties, promoting peace and conserving and enhancing cultural diversity.
- Photos can be in colour or in black and white.
- Up to 3 photos may be submitted by each individual participant.
- Photos must be the individual work of the named participant and must not have been previously published.
- Photos must be submitted electronically in high resolution jpeg, gif or png format (minimum 800 width x 600 height pixels/no more than 5MB)
- All photos should be accompanied by a title and a short description, no more than 250 characters.
Who can participate?
The World Tourism Day online photo competition is open to everyone!
- 1st Prize - 7-day round trip to Egypt, valid for one year from 27 September 2011
- 4 Runners-up will be awarded with a digital camera
- Winning photos will be featured on www.UNWTO.org
The deadline for participation is 31 August 2011. Winners will be announced and notified in early September 2011.
Step 2: Upload your photos!
Use of photos
Winning photos will be displayed on the UNWTO website and the UNWTO Flickr account. The Organization reserves the right to use submitted photos, without restriction, for display and promotional purposes, in its printed and online publication and information material.
The participant hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the author of all the material submitted to UNWTO via the website and shall defend and hold UNWTO harmless from any action, claim, loss, damage, liability and/or expense arising from or connected to the infringement of intellectual property rights or copyright with respects of the material submitted.
The participant hereby grants UNWTO an irrevocable, royalty free and perpetual license right to use without restriction and reproduce all submitted materials, including without limitation the copying, transmission, distribution and publication for display or promotion purposes.
The Photo Competition is not open to UNWTO staff.