- Member States
- Affiliate Members
- Destination Management & Quality Programme
- Education and Training
- Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Information Resources & Archives
- Institutional and Corporate Relations
- Knowledge Network
- Market Trends
- Resilience of Tourism Development
- Governing Bodies
- Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Silk Road
- Technical Cooperation
World Tourism Day Photo Competition 2012
The World Tourism Day Photo Competition is now closed. Winners will be notified before September 17.
World Tourism Day Photo Competition 2012
UNWTO is happy to announce the 2012 World Tourism Day online photo competition under the theme Tourism & Sustainable Energy: Powering Sustainable Development.
What kind of photos are we looking for?
World Tourism Day 2012 is a celebration of tourism’s role in achieving a more sustainable energy future.
We are looking for pictures that capture how the tourism sector is implementing new ideas to increase energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy in its operations, or photos showing how tourism is bringing modern and clean energy to local communities. Photos could also capture how you, as a tourist, are taking concrete actions towards a more sustainable tourism sector.
Who can participate?
The World Tourism Day online photo competition is open to all people of all ages.
- 1st Prize – to be announced
- 4 Runners-up will be awarded with a digital camera
- Winning photos will be featured on www.UNWTO.org
Deadline for participation: 31 August 2012 (10AM Central European Time).
Deadline for voting: 5 September 2012 (10AM Central European Time).
Winners will be announced and notified in early September 2012.
- To enter this competition every participant is required to register and obtain an electronic identification.
- Photos can be in color or in black and white and must be submitted electronically after registration.
- Up to 3 photos may be submitted by each individual participant.
- Photos must be the individual work of the named participant and must not have been previously published in any printed publication.
- Photos must be submitted electronically in high resolution jpeg format (minimum 150 pixels/no more than 3MB)
Use of photographs by UNWTO
Winning photos will be displayed on the UNWTO website. The Organization reserves the right to use submitted photos, without copyright or any restriction, for display and promotion purposes, in its printed and online publications and communication material.
The participant hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the author of all the material submitted to UNWTO via the website that it has obtained the permission of all persons figuring in the material submitted to use and display the material without any restriction and shall hold UNWTO harmless from any action, claim, loss, damage, liability and/or expense arising from or connected to the infringement of intellectual property rights, copyright or any other claim with respects of the material submitted.”
The participant hereby grants UNWTO an irrevocable, royalty free and perpetual license right to use without restriction and reproduce all submitted materials, including without limitation the copying, transmission, distribution and publication for display or promotion purposes
UNWTO reserves the right to remove any photo whose content contradicts the principles of the Organization or is deemed to be offensive.
* First prize is a 7-day trip to a Spanish city to be determined, valid for six months starting 27 September 2012, consisting of:
- Two airline tickets in economy class with restrictions (non-refundable) from the winner’s hometown to the city selected by State Secretariat of Tourism in Spain.
- 7 nights in a double room, including breakfast, in a hotel establishment with a four-star rating or better, in the Spanish city selected.
The airline tickets must be issued and the hotel reservation must be finalized before 30 November 2012. Otherwise, the winner forfeits all rights to the prize.
The winner of the prize shall be responsible for all other expenses.