- Member States
- Affiliate Members
- Destination Management & Quality Programme
- Education and Training
- Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Information Resources & Archives
- Institutional and Corporate Relations
- Knowledge Network
- Market Trends
- Resilience of Tourism Development
- Governing Bodies
- Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Silk Road
- Technical Cooperation
#WTD2012 Twitter Competition
For the 2012 World Tourism Day Twitter Competition, we want to know how you’re saving energy on your trips!
Do you unplug your household appliances before you leave home? Do you travel light or offset your carbon footprint? Whatever you’re doing, we want to know.
- Tell us how you save energy on your trips in 140 characters
- Don’t forget to use the official hashtag, #WTD2012
- Tweets can be submitted in any of the UNWTO official languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian or Arabic
- The deadline for tweets is 20 September
- Make sure you follow @UNWTO so we can DM you if you win
The five best tips will be retweeted by UNWTO over the five days leading up to WTD on 27 September, uploaded onto the WTD official website and disseminated at the WTD official celebrations in Maspalomas, Spain.
So if you’d like your tweet to reach hundreds of WTD celebration attendees in Spain, and thousands more users online, then get tweeting!